Today I am sharing a Daisy Lane Easel Card that is part of my new Daisy Lane Class. This is one card that members of my Stamp Club made using the Daisy Lane Stamp set with the Mosaic Mood Designer Series Specialty paper.
This particular card is an Easel Card. What is an easel card you might ask? It is a card that has special folds which make it a great 3D decoration for a desk or book shelf.
Instructions for the Daisy Lane Easel Card:
1. Cut a piece of So Saffron cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score at 4 1/4″ and fold in half to form the card base.
3. Next use adhesive to glue down the two 1 1/4″ pieces on the side of the card. Cut a piece of Mosaic Mood Designer paper to 1″ x 4″ and attach to these sides of the card.
4. Cut two pieces of Mosaic Mood designer paper to 1 7/8″ x 2 3/4″ and attach them to the top of the center section and the bottom of the center section on the outside. Lastly, fold up the center section of the card. You want to add a piece of Designer paper to the bottom of this section. When you finish the card and fold up the center section, you want the DSP to show beneath the message that you are going to add.
5. Stamp 2 small daisies and 2 large daisies on a piece of So Saffron cardstock with Crushed Curry ink. Punch these out with the Medium Daisy and Daisy punch. Attach together with glue dots. I added a gold faceted gem to the center of the flower.
6. Then stamp “Friend” with Crushed Curry ink on a scrap of whisper white cardstock. Cut this out with an oval thinlit die. Cut out a scalloped oval with the next largest die. Attach these together and attach to the front section of the card with dimensionals. You want the sentiment to pop up so that it will hold the top of the folded piece in place for the easel portion of the card.
7. Cut one of the birds from the Mosaic Designer paper. I attached this to the edge of the daisy on the front of the card to finish it off!
Below is a hint at some other cards that I designed with the Daisy Lane stamp set along with a cute little box that one of my team members, Ruth designed to hold the cards. Ruth also designed this cute mini box with 5 small 3×3 cards. I love these cards. They are very festive and can be used for any number of occasions! We have written a tutorial for the cards and to make the box. Check out the tutorials including the pattern for the box HERE-Diasy Lane Tutorials.
Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my Daisy Lane Cards.
If you are in the United States and do not have a Stampin’ Up! Demo, I would love to be your demo. If you are ready to place an order use the Host code XAN4EJWE and I will send you a sampler of the new Magnolia designer paper. Of course, if your order is over $150, then keep your own hostess rewards!