The idea for this card was cased from Pinterest. I don’t know who designed this card originally but here is my interpretation of the card. It took me some time to figure out how to stamp the background and get the Shimmer look to the trees and also the White Trees. I mixed Clear Embossing powder with the Ice Stamping Glitter to get the glittery effect on this card.
Here are the details of how I made this card!
The card base is a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″. Next is a piece of Night of Navy cardstock cut to 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″.
Now for the fun part! The Stamping on the Blueberry Bushel Foil.
1. Cut a piece of the foil to 5″ x 3 3/4″.
2. If you have been a Stampin’ Up! Customer for a long time, you may have some Iridescent Ice embossing powder laying around! Or you can Make Iridescent Embossing powder by mixing Clear Embossing powder with some of the Ice Stamping Glitter from the Holiday catalog. I recommend storing what is left in a clean container to use on other projects!
3. Ink up the grouping of trees with a Versamark ink pad (clear ink) and stamp across the background of the card. Next ink the same stamp with White Craft Ink and stamp a grouping of trees on the left side of the card. Emboss this with your Iridescent Embossing Powder and heat with the Heat Gun. All of the trees will have a sparkly look. The ones stamped with White Craft ink will be a little darker!
4. Next cut a 1″ x 5″ piece of the Sparkle Glimmer paper. Use the curved die in the In the Woods Die set to cut this piece in half. Attach one piece to the front of the card about a 1/4″ from the bottom. Attach the second piece over top. Because you have flipped the Glimmer paper – the Snow drifts will not line up and look 3D!
5. Lastly, cut 3 Trees from a scrap of Whisper White cardstock with the tree die that is included in the Woods die set. Attach the trees to the front of the card over the snow.
6. Attach the Blueberry Bushel layer to the card front.
7. Stamp the Sentiment “Thinking of you this season” with Night of Navy ink on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Cut out with the Pretty Label punch. Attach to the bottom of the card with dimensionals.
I just love this card!
Here are the supplies that were used to make this card:
Thank you for stopping by today!