Today I am going to show you how to Step up a card starting with a quick and simple Valentines card. I used a few embellishments to enhance and add more depth to the card to Step it Up.
But first, let’s make the quick and simple Valentines card that one of my friends designed for a class.
Instructions for Quick and Simple Card:
1. Card base – cut a 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ piece of whisper white cardstock folded in half at 4 1/4″.
2. cut a second piece of whisper white cardstock to 4″ x 5 1/4″.
3. Cut a piece of From my Heart Designer paper to 4″ x 2 1/2″. Wrap a piece of Real Red Satin ribbon around the Designer paper. Attach this to the Whisper White layer and to the card base.
4. The heart is made by punching a heart from Real Red Cardstock with the Heart punch.
5. Punch a scalloped heart from Sparkle glimmer paper. Attach the red heart to the top. Attach the layered heart to the card with dimensionals.
6. Stamp your sentiment from the Heartfelt stamp set onto a piece of whisper white cardstock with Real Red ink and punch out with a 1 1/2″ circle punch.
Now you have a Quick and Simple Valentine’s Card.
Now it is time to Step up this Card!
I changed 4 elements on this card:
1. Emboss the 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of whisper white cardstock with the Parisian flourish embossing folder.
2. Rather than using a piece of Real red Cardstock to make the heart, I stamped the “Happy Valentine’s Day” in Real Red ink and punched this out with the Heart Punch. The Happy Valentine’s Day is from the Heartfelt Stamp set.
The stamped heart is attached to a scalloped Heart cut from Sparkle Glimmer paper.
3. The third element that I changed is the sentiment stamped on the circle. I added a small lacy heart from the Heartfelt Stamp set. The small heart is stamped with Flirty Flamingo ink with the sentiment stamped over the top in real red ink.
4. Last I added a cutout line of hearts from Red Glimmer paper. This die is from the Meant to Be Stamp set.
Here is a picture of the two cards side by side!
These are the supplies that were used to make these cards:
Thank you for stopping by today!
Ready to place an order? If your order is under $150 then use the Host Code E7YXWCJN and I will send you a sampler of the new Peaceful Poppies designer paper. Of course if your order is over $150 then keep the Host benefits for yourself. I love to share Host Benefits with my customers!