Have you wanted to try the new Twist Cards? I saw these cards on Pinterest last weekend and knew that I just had to try them out!! I made a couple using the Stampin’ Up! Heartfelt designer paper for Valentines. And then a second one with the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series paper.
These cards are actually pretty quick to make once you get the technique down! Click on the picture below to print out this instruction sheet.
Let’s start with the Valentine’s Twist card made with the Heartfelt Stamp set and Heartfelt Designer Series paper.
1. Cut a piece of Real Red Cardstock to 6″ x 9″
2. Score the Real Red cardstock at 3″ & 6″
3. Use a bone folder to fold each side into the center.
4. Unfold the piece and score from the top Right corner of the Left section of the card to the bottom left of the card.
5. Repeat on the Right side of the card.
6. Fold back each of these wings with a bone folder.
7. Cut 3 pieces of the Heartfelt Specialty Designer Paper to 2 7/8″ x 5 7/8″.
8. Determine which piece of Designer paper that you want as your main image on the card. Cut the Designer paper piece on the diagonal from the top right to the bottom left. Attach the pieces to the front panels of the card.9. Determine which side of the Designer paper that you want to use on the triangles on the front of the card. With your pattern side up, cut from the top left corner to the bottom right corner. Attach pieces to the Front triangles.
10. Cut the 3rd piece of DSP for the inside diagonal panels. Start from the top right corner and cut to the bottom left of the piece. Attach the pieces.
Next: Make your element for the front center of the card. I stamped the Heart with “Happy Valentines Day” from the Heartfelt Stamp set with Real Red ink. Punch out with the coordinating Heart punch. Next I stamped the Lacy Heart with Flirty Flamingo ink. Punch out with the Scalloped Heart Punch.
Stamp the Arrow with Real Red ink on the inside center of the card. Stamp the small lacy heart on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and cut out. Add to the middle of the arrow with dimensionals! I embellished the outside panels of the card with small hearts cut from Red Glimmer paper.
Here is a second card that I made using the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series paper.
The base of this card is a 6″ x 9″ piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock. The center Poppy on the card is made using the Poppy Moments Dies. The base of the Poppy is piece of Poppy Parade Cardstock. The lines of the poppy are cut out from Real Red Cardstock. The center of the flower is Basic Black cardstock.
On the inside of the card I stamped one of the Poppies from the Painted Poppies stamp set. The Poppy outline is stamped with Black Momento ink. The center of the Poppy is stamped with Real Red ink. The Happy Birthday is stamped from the Peaceful Moments stamp set.
NOTE: On the inside of the Poppy card I learned to watch the direction of your Designer paper and the direction that you cut. The Designer paper on the inside of this card is upside down. Live and Learn!
Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my Twist Cards!
Stampin' Up! Catalogs
TagsButterfly Brilliance Stamp set Card kit card kits card making cards Christmas Card Christmas cards Christmas in July Country Home stamp set Creative Crafter's Escape Daisy Lane Stamp set Easel Card Easter Card Elfie Stamp set Fun fold Card Fun Fold cards Handmade baby card Handmade birthday card handmade card handmade cards Handmade Christmas card Handmade Christmas Cards handmade fall card handmade graduation cards Handmade Halloween card Handmade Holiday cards Holiday catalog paper pumpkin Sale-a-bration scrapbooking Stampin' Up! STampin' Up! cards Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog Stampin' Up! new catalog Stampin' Up! Retired List Stampin' up! specials Stampin' up! weekly deals Stampin' UP! Weekly specials Stamp out Breast Cancer Stamp with Marilyn Technostamper challenge Valentine's Card Weekly Specials Winter Woods Stamp set Z Fold Card
Search this Blog