Today I am sharing a few cards that I made with several Sale-a-bration stamp set and the So Very Vellum designer paper.
I love this Vellum. There are 12 sheets in a package with 3 colors. So 4 pages of each color: Pool Party, Purple Posy and Soft Seafoam. This vellum also adds a pretty glimmer to the card.
Here are the basic details that I used for each of these cards. NOTE: Marilyn’s Special Tip for using Vellum on projects: Vellum is translucent and snail or tape will show thru the vellum. So use the snail, tape or glue of your choice behind the area where the your elements are going to be. On the Seafoam card, the glue is in the center behind the center piece.
Soft Seafoam Cards:
- Soft Seafoam cardstock cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ for the card base.
- Next is a layer of Pear Pizazz cardstock cut to 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut to 5″ x 3 3/4″.
- Next I cut the Seafoam Vellum to 4 7/8″ x 3 3/4″.
- The center piece of Whisper White is 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ with a layer of Soft Seafoam CS cut to 2 5/8″ x 3 7/8“
- Stamp 5 of the large flowers with Crushed Curry ink on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock.
- Punch out these flowers with the floral punch.
- Next Stamp the vines from the Thoughtful Blooms stamp set with Pear Pizazz ink.
- Stamp a couple of the medium flowers around the vine. Attach the flowers with glue dots or dimensionals. I added a little pearl jewel to the center of each flower.
- Stamp desired sentiment from the Sending you Thoughts stamp set with Pear Pizazz ink on the front with a complimentary sentiment for the inside. I added a couple of stamped flowers next to the inside sentiment.
These are the general directions for the Pool Party Cards.
- Pool Party cardstock cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ for the card base.
- Next is a layer of Coastal Cabana cardstock cut to 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 5″ x 3 3/4″.
- Next I cut the Pool Party Vellum to 4 7/8″ x 3 3/4″.
- Use the Label me Lovely punch from the Spring catalog to punch out the center of the Pool Party Vellum. Attach the vellum to the piece of whisper white cardstock using your adhesive on the side of the area that is punched.
- Punch out 5 of the large flowers from a scrap of Petal Pink cardstock. Stamp the small center in the center of the flower with Highland Heather ink. I used the leaf punch to cut out 5 sets of leaves. (many of the die sets have leaves that you can also use if you don’t have the punch).
- Stamp the message “Wishing you the Best” from the Tags in Bloom stamp set with the Highland Heather ink.
- Attach the leaves and flowers around the edge of the sentiment. I used a few Champaign rhinestones to hightlight the center of the flowers.
These are the general directions for the Purple Posy cards. For one card, I used a circle to cut the white piece for the sentiment for the card on the right and an oval on the left. I used the corresponding scalloped die that outlines the piece of whisper white cardstock.
- Purple Posy cardstock cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ for the card base.
- Next is a layer of Whisper White cardstock cut to 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″. Emboss this whisper white cardstock with an embossing folder (i used the new Ornate Flower Embossing folder which will be available to order in April.
- Cut a piece of Pool Party Vellum to 5″ x 2 3/4″. The vellum is attached to the left side of the card on the left and to the center of the card on the right.
- Cut an oval or circle for the center of the card. Stamp the Tags in Bloom sentiment “Happiness looks gorgeous on you” with Highland Heather ink on the piece of white cardstock. Attach this to the corresponding scalloped piece cut from Highland Heather cardstock.
- Punch 5 flowers using the flower punch from a scrap of so Saffron cardstock. Stamp the center of the flower with the medium flower with Highland Heather ink. Punch out 3 sets of leaves from a piece of Pear Pizazz cardstock with the leaf punch.
- Attach the piece with the sentiment to the center of the card using dimensionals. Attach the leaves under the sentiment. Attach the flowers along the edge of the sentiment. I used the purple rhinestones from the Noble Peacock rhinestones to highlight the center of the flowers.
Thank you for stopping by today and checking out my cards! These are the products that were used to make these cards:
Ready to place an order? If you are in the US I would love to be your demonstrator! If your order is under $150 then use the Host Code KJUHFHNS and I will send you a little gift! Of course if your order is over $150 then keep your own Host Benefits. I love to share Host Benefits with my customers!
Like my cards? Feel free to share them with your friends on Facebook or Pinterest!