Today I am going to show you how to copy a favorite card and make another card layout using a different stamp set and designer paper.
One of my favorite cards from this past Stampin’ Up Spring catalog was this Honey Bee Stamp set combined with the Golden Honey Designer paper! I think this is the stamp set that I was the most disappointed that it didn’t carry over into the new Stampn’ Up! annual catalog. But I am digressing!
I made 2 other variations of this card using the new Flowers for any Season Designer paper and the Jar of Flowers Stamp set. The 2nd card was made using the Playing with Patterns Designer paper and the Love What you Do stamp set.
Here are the details for these cards:
I will use the Flowers for all Seasons designer paper as my example for sizing:
- Cut a piece of Whisper white Cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″ for the Card Base.
- Cut a Layer of So saffron cardstock to 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″.
- Choose 2 patterns that coordinate from the desired Designer paper package. For the Flowers for any Season, I choose the small multi-colored roses and the Blue polka dot background. Cut these 2 pieces to 3 3/4″ x 5″. Cut both pieces across at 3 1/2″. So you have 2 pieces at 3 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ and 2 pieces at 1 1/2″ x 3 3/4″.
- Choose the 3 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ pattern that you want for the top of card (Multi-color Rose pattern). Then the other 1 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ piece for the bottom pattern.
- Layer the bottom pattern on the So Saffron layer along the bottom. Line up the 3 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ piece along the top of the So Saffron layer.
- Attach to your card base. You will have 2 more pieces that are the reverse of this pattern to make a 2nd card!
- Cut a 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Cut a coordinating color for the mat to 2 5/8″ x 3 5/8″.
- Stamp the Jar from the Jar of Flowers with Tuxedo Black Momento ink. I colored with Pool party ink to look like water.
- Stamp the flowers on a scrap of whisper white cardstock. Color as desired and cut out with scissors.
- Attach the flowers to the card with dimensionals.
- Cut a 2″ circle from one of the coordinating colors. Attach to the right side middle of the card.
- Attach the Jar of Flowers to the left center of the card.
That’s it!! Enjoy your cards!
These are the samples that I made using the Playing with Patterns Designer paper and the Love what you Do stamp set.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and checking out my cards!!
Ready to place an order? If your order is under $150, use the Host code 9TCVPDX2 for July and I will send you a sampler of one of the new Designer papers! Of course if you order is over $150, then keep your own Host Benefits.
Don’t forget about Stampin’ Up!’s July Bonus Days special. For every $50 that you order, you will receive a $5 coupon to be used in August from Stampin’ Up!
….and, I have My own Order special going on currently. I have a Reward Board for those that place orders over $75. For each order over $75, you can choose a number from my board which gives you a chance to win a $50 Gift Certificate from me!! Numbers will be drawn when my reward board is Full! So don’t wait too long!
Thank you for stopping by and checking how I re-use Favorite Card layouts to Copy a Favorite Card!