Today I am sharing a cute Easter card that I made to showcase a Floating Image card. This is a technique that creates the look of a Floating Image as the focal point of the card.
This card is made with the Stampin’ Up! Easter Bunny Bundle and the Rain or Shine Designer Series Paper. This particular Fun Fold is one of the easiest and one of my go to card layouts!
- Cut the Card Base to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score at 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″ inches. Fold the card in and the first 2 1/8″ line back to make the fold. Crease with a bone folder.
- Cut a piece of Basic White CS to 4″ x 5 1/4″. Use a Tuxedo Black Momento ink pad to stamp the grass image across the bottom of the piece of White CS. Stamp the Bunny sitting up on top of the grass and the small bunny on the nose of the Bunny.
- Color the grass with the Granny Apple Green Blends and the bunny with the Crumb Cake Blends. Attach the piece to the inside of the card.
- Cut a piece of designer paper to 2″ x 5 3/8″. Attach to the left hand side of the card.
- Use the 3″ x 4″ deckle rectangle to cut a piece of Basic White CS.
- Use the next smaller deckle rectangle to cut a piece of the scenic designer paper and a piece of a window sheet.
- Cut the Designer paper into 4 strips – they do not need to be the same width. Glue to the window sheet and set aside to dry.
- Stamp the Easter Bunny with Momento ink on a piece of White CS. Color with Blends and punch out with the bunny punch. Attach to the bottom of the scene.
- Attach the scene to the Deckled White Rectangle with dimensionals. Be careful to put the dimensionals behind the pieces of the scene so they don’t show through the window sheet. You have now made a Floating Image for your Card!
- Attach the piece to the left front fold of the card centering the piece on the card. Stamp “Happy Easter” with Crushed curry ink on a scrap of white CS. Attach to the top of the floating piece.
- I used a couple of the Brushed Brass Butterflies to embellish the card.
I will be demonstrating the Floating Image technique on Monday night on my FB Page. CLICK HERE to like my page!
These are the supplies that I used for this card.
Ready to place an order?
If your order is under $150, then use the Host Code FBXX6PYP and I will send you a gift of embellishments. Of course, if your order is over $150 then claim your own Host benefits! I love to share Host Benefits with my customers!
Happy November & Happy Stamping!